In this Exercise Video of the Week I discuss a great full-body movement that can develop numerous athletic qualities, not least of which include rotary stability and strength: The Suitcase Deadlift.
The Suitcase Deadlift
Sorry about the lighting. Next time I won’t film in front of the giant windows….
This Move Will…
– Improve rotary stability
– Improve full-body strength
– Improve kinesthetic awareness
– Perform The Suitcase Deadlift as a heavy accessory movement for full-body strength OR near the tail-end of the training session as an ab-specific exercise.
– I prefer to use them within a super-set and/or circuit rather than as a standalone drill.
– Appropriate set and repetitions range from anywhere between 3-5 sets of 3 – 8 repetitions per side.
– Use as much weight as possible while maintaining proper technique throughout the entire set.
I hope you enjoyed the video and, as always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions you can leave them in the comments section below.
Never Minimal. Never Maximal. Always Optimal.