In this Exercise Video of the Week I introduce a great movement, not only for overall core strength and development, but also for shoulder health and function: The TRX Pike.
This Move Will…
– Improve core stability in both anti-extension as well as anti-rotation
– Improve Serratus Anterior function which may lead to increased shoulder health
– Improve T-Spine mobility specifically in extension
– Improve scapular upward rotation
– Perform the TRX Pike near the tail-end of your lower body strength training sessions
– They’re a great addition to any super-set, circuit, or even as a standalone drill
– Appropriate sets and repetitions range from anywhere between 2-4 sets of 6-20 repetitions depending on individual needs, goals, and level of experience
I hope you enjoyed the video and, as always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions you can leave them in the comments section below.
Never Minimal. Never Maximal. Always Optimal.