This past week was another crazy one in Boston with all of the snow but a fun week nonetheless, culminating in yesterday’s couples fitness challenge at Achieve Fitness just outside the city.
I recently met and became friends with the owners, Jason and Lauren, who put on an incredible challenge and did an extraordinary job all day long.
Garrett and I had a ton of fun and actually ended up winning the challenge as well as some sweet prizes along the way.
Notably, Garrett hit 2 huge personal records of 14 chin-ups and 40 push-ups in a row.
She’s insanely strong, I know.
I had a good day as well hitting 30 chin-ups in a row, 60 push-ups in 1 minute, and a 96-inch (8 foot) standing broad jump.
All in all, it was a fantastic day with great people and an exceptional community.
Moving on, I’ve got a ton of great info for you in this installment of The Week in Review so enjoy and I’ll talk to you soon.
Articles By Jordan
Bench Press: 230lbs to 258.5lbs (+28.5lbs)
Deadlift: 400lbs to 418lbs (+18lbslbs)
Total: 970lbs to 1073.5lbs (+103.5lbslbs)
Jim is a member of my online coaching program and in the past 12-weeks Jim added over 100lbs to his squat, bench press, and deadlift total.
That’s all it took.
Needless to say, Jim worked exceptionally hard over the past 12-weeks and his extraordinary results speak themselves.
What did I have Jim do?
Like all of my online coaching clients, I wrote Jim an individualized 12-week training program specifically designed to target his personal weaknesses.
Since Jim was focused on improving his raw powerlifting performance, I designed his program using the template I outlined in my book, Raw Strength for Powerlifting.
The only 12-week peaking program specifically designed for raw powerlifters, if you want to see how much you can increase your squat, bench press, and deadlift as quickly as possible I highly encourage you to give this program a shot.
You worked incredibly hard over the past 12-weeks and I’m excited to continue working with you to see your continued progress.
My Strength Lesson’s & Training Logs
My strength lessons and training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
#StrengthLesson: Whats my all-time favorite deadlift variation and why? I explain in today’s daily strength lesson. For an instructional video tutorial copy/paste this link into your browser —> https://www.syattfitness.com/training/new-favorite-deadlift-accessory-exercise-paused-deficit-deadlift/ #deadlift #sumodeadlift #deficitdeadlift #conventionaldeadlift #deathlift #deadliftface #powerlifting #wsbb #westsidebarbell #conjugatestrong #conjugatenation #conjugatemethod #pling #elitefts #rawpowerlifting #rawstrength #alwaysoptimal #syattfitness
#StrengthLesson : Max effort lifts are not the time to practice technique – they’re for displaying your ability to safely and effectively perform. #strength #powerlifting #powerlifter #pling #thebig3 #squat #benchpress #deadlift #elitepowerlifting #westsidebarbell #wsbb #conjugatestrong #conjugatenation #conjugatemethod #bettereveryday #sumodeadlift #asstograss #train #trainstrong #trainforstrength #alwaysoptimal #syattfitness
A video posted by Jordan Syatt (@syattfitness) on
- 10 Important Notes on Assessments via Eric Cressey
- How to Become a Functional Movement Guru in 40 Easy Steps via Bret Contreras
- What’s Your Favorite Position? Via Travis Pollen
- 7 Science-Based Health Benefits of Water via Authority Nutrition
- You’re Doing Push-Ups Wrong. Here’s How to Correct Them via Syatt Fitness
- 6 More Things Elite Coaches Do via Precision Nutrition
- Four Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Healthier Person via Dick Talens
- The Biggest Mistake I Made Building Muscle via Bryan Krahn
- Does Epsom Salt Work? Via Pain Science
- An Epic Debunking of the Saturated Fat Myth via Authority Nutrition
- Never “Just Give a Workout” via Jon Goodman
- Training is for Building, Not Testing via Chad Smith
- Master the Bench Press: 4 New Tips to Improve Leg Drive via Adam Pine
- The Novice Raw Powerlifters Guide to Supportive Gear via Tony Bonvechio
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Deadlifters via Tony Gentilcore