G’morning and happy Sunday!
I just spent the entire weekend at The Kansas City Fitness Summit and had the time of my life.
Extraordinary presentations and learning experiences aside, I finally had the opportunity to meet some of the individuals I look up to most in this industry including Alan Aragon (picture above), Lou Schuler, Dean Somerset, Sol Orwell, Jon Goodman, Mark Fisher, and more.
I also had the pleasure of meeting and collaborating with some other young bucks in the industry like Armi Legge, Sohee Walsh, and Greg Nuckols.
All in all, the weekend went by entirely too fast, I had way too much fun, and I can’t wait until next years’ fitness summit.
Moving on, this past week was packed with tons of amazing fitness info which I’ve got here for you in this installment of The Week in Review.
Articles By Jordan
- The Bulgarian Split Squat: How to Fix the 2 Most Common Mistakes…FAST!
- The Official Top 7 Best Books for Aspiring Nutrition Coaches
Client Spotlight: Jerry
I’ve been working with Jerry for the better part of the last year and it’s safe to say his transformation is nothing short of amazing.
Current: 148lbs (-37lbs)
A husband, father, fire fighter, and all-around exceptionally busy guy…Jerry devoted a remarkable amount of time and effort to honing in on his training and nutrition and subsequently lost nearly 40lbs while gaining strength in all of his lifts.
A guy who originally approached me wondering if he was too old to make any significant and long-term progress, Jerry has proven age is just a number and, as long as you put in the time and effort, you can accomplish amazing things.
- What is Athleticism? via Mike Robertson
- The Difference Between Sugar and Sugar Alcohols via Dick Talens
- Squats and Deadlifts Won’t Make Your Waist Blocky via Bret Contreras
- The Science Behind Caffeine via Examine.com
- How to Overcome Food Addiction via Authority Nutrition
- The Official Top 7 Best Books for Aspiring Nutrition Coaches via Syatt Fitness
- Can Exercise Really Defeat Depression? Via Precision Nutrition
- Can Be Overweight and Still Healthy? Via Dick Talens
- The FMS: Awesome or Awful? Via Bret Contreras
- 5 Common Diet Excuses Too Many People Make via JC Deen
- Building a Bullet Proof Core With The High Tension Plank via Adam Pine
- How to Choose a Good Group Class via George Kalantzis
- Is It Your Duty to Be Muscular? via Bryan Krahn
- The Bulgarian Split Squat: How to Fix the 2 Most Common Mistakes…FAST! Via Syatt Fitness
- Dr. Oz, Weight Loss, and the Ordinary Miracle via James Fell