Another fantastic week has come and gone and, fortunately, my girlfriend, Garrett, and I were able to go out last night and celebrate the end of the week with a massive sushi dinner and a few cocktails.
Today’s another gorgeous day here in Boston and there’s a freshly brewed jug o’ coffee I haven’t started drinking yet so I’ve gotta jet. But I’m happy to report this past week was packed with tons of great fitness info and I’ve got it all here for you in this brand new installment of The Week in Review.
Articles By Jordan
My Strength Lesson’s & Training Logs
My strength lessons and training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Sumo Deadlift Challenge: 405lbs x 15 reps at a Body Weight of 140lbs
Nearly 3x my body weight, I wanted to get 20-reps at 405lbs but after 15 I decided to call it quits before I risked getting injured. I’ll probably go for it again this week or next and make sure I get all 20.
Close-Stance High Box Squat with Eccentric Emphasis: 4 x 12 @ 245lbs
An absolutely brutal drill, I’ve been spending a lot of time focused on bringing up my quad strength and hypertrophy and this squat variation has proven indispensable. Definitely not for the faint of heart…but absolutely an incredibly effective drill.
Client Spotlight: Britney
One of my long-term online coaching clients, Britney is one of my all-star clients and this is a perfect example of what makes her so damn awesome.
Not only is she banging out sets of 1.5 chins-ups for reps, but she also decided to strap some extra weight around her waist to make an exceptionally challenging drill even more challenging.
Keep up the amazing work, Britney! You inspire me and countless others every day.
Client Spotlight: Jenna
My clients never cease to amaze me and Jenna is certainly no exception.
Another one of my online coaching clients, in the last 10-weeks Jenna has seriously honed in on her nutrition and completely transformed her body.
Keep it up, Jenna!!!
- 10 Workout Tips for Busy People via Pat Kotch
- Knowledge vs. Experience via Mike Robertson
- The Complete Strength Training Guide for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Lifters via Greg Nuckols
- Is Your Ab Workout Making You Look Fat? via Bret Contreras
- Skip the Sit-Ups and Try These 4 Core Exercises via Stacey Schaedler
- Random Thoughts on Sports Performance Training via Eric Cressey
- Torch Fat with These Free Weight Finishers via Ben Bruno
- Is Eating Past 7pm Making You Fat? Via Kia Khadem
- 2 Short Sighted Lifting Mistakes Keeping You From Getting Strong via Syatt Fitness
- Good Gosh, Stop Expecting Everything Right This Second via Jill Coleman
- The Best Leg Exercise You Aren’t Doing via Eric Bach
- Are You Consuming, Producing, or Engaging? via Todd Hammer
- Strength First: Ditch the Bosu Ball for the Barbell via Charles Staley
- Cluster Sets for More Gains in Less Time via Tony Bonvechio
- Minimizing Key Man Risk While Scaling Your Business via Pete Dupuis
Did You Enjoy This Fitness Round-Up?
And if you want a free copy of my world renowned training resource, The Deadlift Bible, just plug your information in below and I’ll send it to you an e-mail within the next 60-seconds.