This past week was packed with tons of great, new fitness content and I’ve got it all here for you in this latest installment of The Week in Review.
Enjoy and have a great weekend,
Articles By Jordan
My Training Logs
My strength lessons and training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Single-Leg Hip Extension Leg Curl: 3 x 12/leg
One of my favorite hamstring exercises, the single-leg hip extension leg curl improves everything including strength, hypertrophy, knee health, and overall performance. It’s more of an advanced variation, though, so if single-leg is too challenging try both legs at the same time.
1.5 Single-Leg Hip Thrust: 3 x 12/leg
Another phenomenal single-leg drill, this one is a tremendous glute exercise. Adding the 1/2 rep at the bottom makes the movement significantly more challenging as it causes you to maintain constant tension on the muscle for a longer period of time.
My Favorite Fat Loss Meal
I was craving something sweet the other day so I threw together this high protein, low cal mess of orgasm in my mouth: Greek yogurt, strawberries, bananas, sugar free chocolate sauce, and PB2
Anything Useful On YouTube?
I recently decided to put my ugly mug up on YouTube and create more free content for you but, this time, in video form.
I’ll be adding new videos weekly so to be notified when they’re published you can follow me on YouTube.
Fat Loss is Like a Bank
If you want to lose fat, get a 6-pack, and stay lean year round…you need to understand more than just the tangible components of fat loss (exercise, nutrition, etc). You need to understand the mental components as well and, specifically, how to foster a mindset that guarantees success.
Client Spotlight: Stacey
My online coaching client for the past 1.5 years, it’s safe to say Stacey is one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met. In fact, in our entire time working together I don’t thinks she’s missed a single training session.
Up until 8 or 9 weeks ago, Stacey and I only focused on training. She was already very lean, had her nutrition dialed in, and was very happy with how she both felt and looked.
Then, about 2 months ago, I ran my online group nutrition coaching program which she joined, participated in, and took her body to a whole new level.
From lean to shredded in 8-weeks, Stacey never ceased to amaze me with her hard work and relentless dedication.
Congratulations, Stacey! You inspire and countless others on a daily basis so thank you for all that you do and keep up the amazing work.
- 10 More Lessons Learned From My Dieting Experiment via Brandon LaVack
- Simplifying Your Squat, Bench, and Deadlift via Adam Pine
- 4 Things I Learned from Going Old School via Rog Law
- The 10 Most Underrated Exercises via N8 Training Systems
- How to Get Better at Anything via Dan John
- I Encourage You to Fail via Tony Gentilcore
- The Best Squat Tutorial On the Internet via Syatt Fitness
- Degeneration? More Like Normal Aging via Bret Contreras
- The 7 Secrets of Exercise Selection via JMax Fitness
- Do Carbs Really Make You Pack On the Pounds? via DocFitness
- Cardio vs. Weights Cheat Sheet via James Fell
- The Ultimate Hunger and Satiety Guide: The Key to Getting Lean via Propane Fitness
- Artificial Sweeteners: Is the Evidence As Sweet as The Substitutes? via Examine
- 5 Ways to Create a Meal Plan Your Clients Will Actually Follow via Mike Samuels
- 4 Highly Effective Strength Training Tips for Busy Professionals via Von Blanco
- Why Harder Workouts Aren’t Always Better via Armi Legge
Did You Enjoy This Fitness Round-Up?
Easily share it with your friends and colleagues using the social media tab on your left (or the bottom of your screen if you’re using your phone).
And if you want a free copy of my world renowned training resource, The Deadlift Bible, just plug your information in below and I’ll send it to you an e-mail within the next 60-seconds.