Have you ever had one of those weeks where everything just works out exactly as you hoped it would?
That’s how this past week was for me and I couldn’t feel any more grateful and fortunate.
Between several of my online coaching clients making huge strides in their strength, nutrition, and mindset…having a phenomenal week of training myself…presenting in NYC for a group of passionate coaches…and enjoying the rest of the weekend exploring NYC with Garrett…this week was exceptional to say the least.
And the food?
Un. Freaking. Real.
Here’s a snippet of yesterday’s ridiculously tasty dinner including 3 different types of oysters, deviled eggs, lobster, and ceviche.
This past week was also filled with tons of top notch training, nutrition, and fitness articles which I’ve got here for you in this installment of The Week in Review.
Enjoy and have a phenomenal Sunday!
Articles By Jordan
My Training Log
My training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Weighted Glute Ham Raise with Emphasized Eccentric: 3 x 8 +25lbs
The Glute-Ham Raise is a phenomenal drill in and of itself, but the emphasized eccentric is a great way to increase the difficulty and get a little more bang for your buck especially if your goal includes increased muscular hypertrophy (muscle size).
Goodmorning Reverse Lunge Complex: 3 x 8/leg with 185lbs
torture tool exercise complex of my creation, it’s a brutal combo but highly beneficial for numerous training goals, especially since it targets both hip dominant and knee dominant movement patterns.
Bench Press with Eccentric Emphasis: 3 x 5 with 185lbs
Similar to the Glute-Ham Raise above, I added an eccentric emphasis to my Bench Press this past training cycle to focus more on controlling the bar all the way to my chest and increasing muscle hypertrophy in my anterior delts and pecs.
- 10 Reasons to Eat More Protein via Authority Nutrition
- The 5 Most Common Mistakes Young S&C Coaches Make via Mike Robertson
- How to Do Anything (Even the Hard Stuff) via Precision Nutrition
- How to Overcome Food Addiction via Authority Nutrition
- What Supplements Should You Take? Via Bryan Krahn
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: Common Form Mistakes and Corrections via Nick Tumminello
- The Top 3 Diet and Lifestyle Changes to Make for Better Training Results via Eirik Garnas
- Why Squats and Deadlifts Aren’t Good Ab Exercises via Progressive Fitness
- Sumo and Conventional Deadlift Technique: The 3 Most Important Rules via Adam Pine
- Run Your Own Race via Garrett Wood
- 3 New Barbell Complexes to Make Your Workouts Faster, Harder (and build a hell of an ass) via Syatt Fitness
- The Dumbest Myth in Nutrition via Jason Helmes
- The 9 Best Bodyweight Exercises for Strength and Size via Von Blanco
- Coaching Tricks for Hypermobile Chicks (and guys too, of course) via Joy Victoria
- Unstable Surfaces vs. Solid Ground: Which is Better? Via Dean Somerset