Good morning and happy Friday!
I’ve got tons of great articles and Strength Lessons to share with you from the past week so have at it and enjoy!
Never Minimal. Never Maximal. Always Optimal.
Articles By Jordan
The Truth About Fattening Foods: They Don’t Exist!
My 60-minute nutrition webinar is now available for FREE
Daily Strength Lesson’s
Monday’s Strength Lesson: What is the best exercise?
There isn’t one.
The best exercise for fat loss? There isn’t one.
The best exercise for general health? There isn’t one.
The best exercise for bigger arms? There isn’t one.
Case in Point: EVERYTHING works!
Trainees often spend way too long searching for the “perfect” or “best” exercise to achieve XYZ. The reality is, though, there isn’t a single best exercise for anything. Instead, there are a variety of options to choose from, so much so, in fact, that literally ANYONE can find something that works for them and their individual needs and preferences.
Don’t let anyone tell you “this is your only option,” because, odds are, they’re either trying to sell you something and/or they don’t know what they’re talking about.
Tuesday’s Strength Lesson: Having difficulty getting and/or staying full? Try the tips below to decrease hunger and stay full longer:
1) Eat more vegetables: I don’t care if they’re raw, cooked, etc…just eat MOAR!
2) Emphasize protein: Have a large serving (minimum 1-2 fist fulls) of protein at every meal. Examples include chicken, turkey, beef, fish, eggs (whole), greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.
3) Don’t avoid fats: High quality fats are actually very filling in the long-term and provide numerous health benefits. Examples include fish, avocado, nuts/seeds, high(er) fat dairy, olives, etc.
4) Stop Snacking: Would you rather eat 10 tiny meals throughout the day (and never be full) or 3-4 massive meals and be full every time? Personally, I prefer 3-4 massive meals and I’ve found most others do to. Have fewer meals throughout the day but really allow yourself to fill up!
Wednesday’s Strength Lesson: Having trouble “feeling” your lats? Try this —
Strength coaches will often tell you to “use your lats,” “fire your lats,” or “pull with your lats.” While they’re absolutely right, most people simply have no idea how to use or “feel” their lats when training. Truth be told, most people don’t even know where the hell the lats are….
That being the case, I’ve recently been using The Supine Cable Pullover as a teaching tool to help people feel their lats. Done properly it will absolutely destroy your lats as it forces them to perform their true function (shoulder extension) without tons of resistance (like during a pull-up).
Check out the video below for detailed instructions on how to perform the Supine Cable Pullover. Feel free to omit the reactive floor press portion for the purposes of this Strength Lesson.
CLICK HERE for the video demonstration
Thursday’s Strength Lesson: If you don’t have time to warm up, you don’t have time to work out.
The warm-up, in my opinion, is an absolutely essential component of the workout. So important, in fact, that if a client of mine shows up 30 minutes late and we only have 30 minutes to train, you better believe we’re still going through a thorough warm-up.
Sure they can be boring and tedious but one of the main reasons trainees skip their warm-up is because they simply don’t know what to do.
Go to www.syattfitness.com and download my free e-book, “The Syatt Fitness Guide to Warming Up for Optimal Performance,” by signing up for my newsletter.
Inside I provide a simple and easy-to-understand guide showing you how to build and create an effective warm-up routine. Best of all, every single exercise is linked to a YouTube video showing you exactly how to do it.
No more excuses. If you don’t have time to warm-up, you don’t have time to work out.
Friday’s Strength Lesson: “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”
- Med Ball Training for Movement via Joel Jamieson
- The Simplest Weightlifting Program…Ever via Diesel Strength & Conditioning
- I’d Love to Get Started; I’m Just Waiting for the Perfect Time via Precision Nutrition
- 1 Reason for Slow Female Fat Loss and 5 Tips to Fix It via Tom Venuto
- 6 Female Strength Training Myths That Won’t Die via Nia Shanks
- The Truth About Fattening Foods: They Don’t Exist! via Syatt Fitness
- Developing Explosive Power via Kevin Neeld
- The “All I Need is One Dumbbell” Workout via Michael Boyle
- Conditioning: Just Make it a Damn Habit Already via Jason Ferruggia
- My 60-minute nutrition webinar is now available for FREE
- A Better Way to Teach Barbell Glute Bridges and Back Extensions via Bret Contreras
- How to Clean and Catch Low Every Time via Diesel Strength & Conditioning
- Assessments You Might Be Overlooking: Part 1 via Eric Cressey
- Spectrums of Absolute Strength vs. Absolute Speed via Tony Gentilcore
- 5 Lessons to Teach Young Athletes via Mike Robertson
- The Hollow Body Position and PPT Straight Leg Bridge via Bret Contreras