G’morning and happy holiday!
I hope you’re having a fantastic weekend and, if you’re celebrating the 4th, enjoying all of the food, fun, and festivities.
I’m about to head out on the town for another gorgeous day in Boston, but before I do I’m excited to share with you this latest installment of The Week in Review which has tons of the best fitness articles from the past week.
Enjoy and talk soon!
Articles By Jordan
This week I was the featured interviewee on the Food for Fitness (FFF) Podcast and had a great time chatting with their host and UK native, Scott Baptie. We covered a ton of ground pertaining to fat loss, strength, exercise selection, and a whole lot more. Enjoy!
My Training Logs
My training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Long Lever Glute Ham Raise: 4 x 12
These are torture! Putting your arms overhead increases the lever arm which immediately increases the difficulty of a standard glute-ham raise. I use these for higher rep ranges (10-15) for hypertrophy focused work. Give em a shot and tell me what you think!
Anything Useful On YouTube?
Ever wonder what makes protein so good for fat loss?
Why it’s absolutely essential to emphasize if you don’t want to sabotage your progress?
In today’s video I outline the top 3 reasons protein is a MUST for fat loss, as well as which protein sources are best for your goals.
Enjoy and share the love with anyone you think will benefit!
Client Spotlight: Erin
Erin’s been a member in my 1-on-1 online personal training program for the past 6-months and, as you can see, she’s been crushing her goals.
Briefly, Erin lifts heavy things 3x/week, keeps track of her calories, eats a boat load of animal flesh, and is arguably the most bad ass person I’ve ever had the pleasure of coaching.
She originally came to me with the hopes of leaning out for wedding season while working around her insanely busy travel/work schedule and, well, I think it’s safe to say she absolutely demolished her goals.
Congrats, Erin! Keep up the incredible work; I can’t wait to see how much progress you make in the coming months.
- Spot Reduction: Real Science and Exercise Myth via Nick Tumminello
- The 4 Things Effective Fitness Programs Have in Common via Von Blanco
- I’m a Woman and I’m Worried Lifting Weights Will Make Me Bulky via Armi Legge, Dell Farrell
- How to Lift More, Torch Fat, and Get Stronger with a World Record Lifter via Food for Fitness
- Is Muscle Soreness Good For You? via Syatt Fitness
- All About the SF Group Nutrition Coaching Program (And My Crazy Results) via Brandon LaVack
- The Science Behind Munchies: Marijuana and Your Appetite via Examine
- 6 Habits of Successful Long-Term Dieters via Eric Bach, Adam Pine
- Feelin’ the Heels via Mike Robertson
- How Much Work Are You Actually Doing? via Eric Cressey
- The Coaching Grey Zone: When to Simply Shut Up via Dean Somerset
- 7 Reasons You Should NOT Do a Sugar Detox via Nia Shanks
- 10 Considerations As You Search for the Perfect Gym Location via Pete Dupuis
- 42 Tips for More Muscle, Less Fat, and More Fun via Bryan Krahn
- Fundamentals of Exercise Selection via Brandon LaVack
- One Small Step For Man. One Giant Thrust for Mankind via Bret Contreras
Did You Enjoy This Fitness Round-Up?
And if you want a free copy of my world renowned training resource, The Deadlift Bible, just plug your information in below and I’ll send it to you an e-mail within the next 60-seconds.