G’morning and happy Sunday!
I’m taking this morning pretty easy, sipping on a freshly brewed cup’o coffee and reading the last few chapters of a new book I just bought and plowed through yesterday. Then I’ll be spending the rest of my day getting entirely too much vitamin D at the beach with a few other strength coaches and fitness nerds, like myself.
In the meantime, I’ve got a ton of great new fitness articles and information for you in this installment of The Week in Review.
Enjoy and have a great rest of your weekend!
Articles By Jordan
In this weeks article, “The RKC Plank is Massively Overrated: Try This Brand New Plank Variation to Blast Your Core,” I explain why the RKC Plank isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and which plank variation is superior for improving core strength and function.
My Training Log
My training logs are back and I’m posting them daily on Instagram! I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below but if you want more make sure to follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Crow Pose to Handstand Hold
I took this week a little lighter and focused on a bunch of body weight/gymnastic drills to give myself a break from heavy lifting and have some fun in the sun.
The ultimate expression of mobility, stability, and single-leg strength…the pistol squat is a skill that took me a long time to achieve and I constantly practice to make sure I never lose.
Client Spotlight: Tracy
Tracy has been my online coaching client for the past 4-months and holy hell does she work hard.
When we first started working together Tracy was a little nervous because she wanted to lean out and gain strength without negatively affecting her performance in CrossFit.
I assured her that wouldn’t be a problem. The programming was easy peasy. She just had to do exactly what I said and not add anything extra.
Not only has she completely transformed her physique and radically increased her strength, she’s simultaneously improved her strength endurance and CrossFit performance along the way.
Oh, and this past week she did her first strict muscle up.
HOW NUTS IS THAT!?!?!
Congratulations, Tracy! You work so damn hard it blows my mind every day. Keep on killin’ it, Tracy!
Want to Apply for a Spot in My Online Coaching Program?
Fill out the short form HERE
, briefly explain what you’d like to accomplish through working with me, and I’ll get back to you within 48-hours.
- Diets and Weight Loss: A Manifesto via Brad Dieter
- Why I Started Counting Calories Again via Keri Mantie
- The 5 Best Calorie Counters via Authority Nutrition
- The RKC Plank is Massively Overrated: Try This Brand New Plank Variation to Blast Your Core via Syatt Fitness
- The Ultimate Review of the Paleo Diet Backed by Science via Food for Fitness
- Developing Resiliency via Kayla Mantegazza
- Squats vs. Hip Thrusts: The Twin Experiment via Bret Contreras
- So You Lose All That Weight. Now What? Top Fit Pro’s Give Their Tips via LaVack Fitness
- Why Working Out Causes Weight Gain (And What to Do About It) via Precision Nutrition
- How Gravity Impacts Exercise Progressions and Regressions via Eric Cressey
- Do Cardio. Keep Your Gainz via Tony Gentilcore
- Breaking the Silence on Male Eating Disorders via James Fell
- How to Get Ripped: Putting it All Together via Bryan Krahn
- Lateral Squat with Counterbalance via Mike Perry
- How to Reduce Antinutrients in Foods via Authority Nutrition
Did You Enjoy This Fitness Round-Up?
Easily share it with your friends and colleagues using the social media tab on your left (or the bottom of your screen if you’re using your phone).
And if you want a free copy of my world renowned training resource, The Deadlift Bible, just plug your information in below and I’ll send it to you an e-mail within the next 60-seconds.