I created and shared this image on my facebook page (<– add me) the other day and it got such a tremendous response I wanted to share it with you here as well.
An increasingly apparent issue, it’s something everyone, myself included, needs to remind themselves every time they hop on social media. Here are my initial thoughts that I shared along with the picture….
“I see this all the time.
In clients. In friends. In relationships. In work. In every and all aspects of life.
Don’t let it happen to you.
More than anything, you need to know you are amazing and can do anything and everything you want.
Anything and everything.
So quit comparing yourself to others. Quit letting social media get under your skin and just focus on you.
Make yourself happier, healthier, and become the person you want to be. Because if you aren’t happy with you…how can anyone else be?“
Did this resonate with you? If it did, I’d love it if you shared your own thoughts and experiences with me in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
And, in the meantime, today I’ve got another great edition of The Week in Review ready for you.
Enjoy and have a great rest of your weekend.
Articles By Jordan
In this weeks article from the archives “Bullet Proof Shoulders: 3 Ways You’re Screwing Up Face Pulls” I’m excited to show you exactly how to perform, program, and coach one of the worlds best shoulder health exercises, the face pull. My go-to exercise for improving shoulder health and function, if there’s one thing you add to your training this coming week, you’d do well to make it this.
My Training Logs
My training logs are back, I’m posting them daily on Instagram, and I’ve shared some brand new videos with you below. If you want to see everything I post (training videos, motivational pieces, and more) you can follow me on Instagram @SyattFitness
Single-Leg Hip Thrust to Goblet Jump Split Squats: 3 x 10/leg
A maniacally evil creation invented by yours truly, this superset will light your glutes up like a Christmas tree and they won’t stop burning for days. If you’re brave enough to give this one a shot, hats off to you because I was waddling like a penguin for a long while after I finished.
Kettlebell Tate Press: 3 x 20
A phenomenal new variation of one of my all-time favorite tricep exercises, the tate press, give this drill a shot for a bigger bench and stronger triceps. Keep in mind, it’s much harder than it looks so start lighter than you think is necessary. And if you want to watch my instructional tutorial, HERE is an old (lol, very old) video of me explaining exactly how to do it.
SS Bar Goodmornings: 3 x 12
One of my go-to deadlift accessory exercises, the SS Bar Goodmorning is a great “bang for your buck” drill strengthening your glutes, hamstrings, erectors, and upper back. If you don’t have an SS Bar, no problem – just use a standard straight bar like I did in THIS (another old-y) video.
- An Unbiased Look at Artificial Sweeteners via Tanner Baze
- 4 Progressions to Increase Your Max Pull-Ups via Adaptive Strength
- How to Get Your First Chin-Up via Sohee Walsh
- Bullet Proof Your Shoulders: 3 Ways You’re Screwing Up Face Pulls via Syatt Fitness
- How to Stay (Or Get Back Into) Shape via Bryan Krahn
- How to Build a Successful and Rewarding Career in Fitness via Precision Nutrition
- How Much Cardio vs. Strength Training Should I Do? via Girls Gone Strong
- You Aren’t in Starvation Mode via Amy Dix
- Stimulate or Annihilate Muscle: Which is Better? via Tony Gentilcore
- Does Dairy Cause or Prevent Cancer? via Authority Nutrition
- 3 New Conditioning Rules via Joel Jamieson
- All About Box Squats via Bret Contreras
- The Smart Lifters Guide to Rest Periods via Scott Abel
- What Juvenile Can Teach Us About Kettlebell Swings via JMorton Training
- 7 Foolproof Fat Loss Strategies via Lara McGlashan
Did You Enjoy This Fitness Round-Up?
Easily share it with your friends and colleagues using the social media tab on your left (or the bottom of your screen if you’re using your phone).
And if you want a free copy of my world renowned training resource, The Deadlift Bible, just plug your information in below and I’ll send it to you an e-mail within the next 60-seconds.