Mornin’ and happy Sunday!
I’m in Pennsylvania right now filming my brand new seminar Optimizing the Performance Coach with my friend and colleague, Marshall Roy.
We’re actually about to head into the facility to get things underway so I’ve gotta jet. In the meantime, I’ve got a ton of great info for you in this installment of The Week in Review.
Articles By Jordan
Coaches Food for Thought
“Great coaches don’t do a lot of extraordinary things. Great coaches do a couple ordinary things extraordinarily well.“
Too often I see coaches looking for the next big thing, the “magic pill,” the one little thing no one knows about but will flip the industry on its head.
This leads them to search, far and wide, for the most extraordinary and outlandish methods to put them ahead of the game.
Unfortunately, they’re wasting their time.
There is no magic pill.
There is no cure-all methodology.
The reality is we already know what works.
Sure, there is always more to learn and coaches should constantly strive to improve, but before we start searching for the next big thing, we need to start getting people to adhere to basic habits like exercising regularly and eating properly.
I don’t care what method you follow or what belief system you hold…if you can’t help your clients develop habits to eat well and exercise consistently then you’re going to be spinning your wheels for a long, long time.
Getting Mad at the Bar Won’t Make You Stronger
A lot of [internet] powerlifter’s give off the impression that you need to be pissed off to get the most out of your training.
They make people think you need to get slapped in the face and slam your head against the wall to psych yourself up before every attempt.
Adam Pine deadlift’s over 700lbs and he says that’s not the case. I wholeheartedly agree.
We discuss exactly why in this weeks’ short 3-min episode of The Angry Coaches
My Training Log
A week filled with both good and not-so-good training sessions, I discussed a variety of topics and provided you with a host information regarding my current training cycle in each log below.
- How to Perform Band-Assised Pull-Ups (AND a Variation!) via Nia Shanks
- All About Back Extensions via Bret Contreras
- Why Adults Can’t (and should stop trying to) Squat Like Babies via Dean Somerset
- Mastering the Sumo Deadlift via Syatt Fitness
- Living Well with Fibromyalgia via Precision Nutrition
- 6 Reasons Anterior Core Stability Exercises are Essential via Eric Cressey
- 4 Simple Tips for Success via Adam Pine
- Deloading is a Waste of Your Time via Syatt Fitness
- Autoregulating Your Training via Mike Tuchscherer
- Rethinking Percentage Based Training via Tony Gentilcore
- 4 Training and Diet Arguments: Resolved! Via Nick Tumminello
- You’ll Never Squat Again via Bret Contreras
- What I Learned by Actually Reading That Drinking Milk Will Kill You Study via Yoni Freedhoff
- How Does Range of Motion Affect Strength Gains? via Chris Beardsley
- The Morning Crunch: Keystone Habits via Pat Kotch