Good morning and happy holidays!
Thursday I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family here in Boston which means I’ve spent the past 48-hours eating as much left over pie as I possibly can.
So, yea, it’s been a pretty damn good weekend.
Equally as great, this past week the fitness industry was overflowing with tons of incredible training & nutrition info so I’ve got a bunch of good articles for you to read in this installment of The Week in Review.
Articles By Jordan
Does Lifting Weights Make Women Bulky?
I know I do.
What sucks is that so many people still don’t know the truth. They’ve been duped by the media and ill-practiced fitness marketers into thinking lifting weights will make women big and bulky.
We’ve gotta put this to an end.
It won’t happen with a single blog post but with time and effort we can change the status quo. We can get the word out and teach people the truth.
To start, I want to share with you 4 incredible stories from a handful of my female online coaching clients.
In the past 8-weeks each of these ladies have deadlifted 2x their bodyweight or more and not a single one is big or bulky. To the contrary, they’re all wicked lean and incredibly gorgeous.
Below I’ve provided each of their pictures as well as a couple videos. If you know anyone who is nervous about strength training because they think it will to turn them into a big and bulky bodybuilder please share this with them. It might just be exactly what they need to see.
And here is a video of her more recently deadlifting 245lbs for 3 easy reps.
Know Any Women Who Thinks Lifting Weights Will Make Them Bulky?
Share this with them and show them the truth!
- 3 Quick Breakfast Options for Early Morning Exercisers via Tony Bonvechio
- How to Use Your Lats for the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift via Syatt Fitness
- The Problem with Thanksgiving via Adam Bornstein
- My New Study on Fasted Cardio and Fat Loss: Take Home Points via Brad Schoenfeld
- Master the Bench Press: 4 New Tricks to Improve Leg Drive via Adam Pine
- How to Use Lifting Straps: A Video Tutorial via Syatt Fitness
- Would You Like Some Guilt with That Popcorn? Via Dr. Sharma
- What We’re Really Saying When We Discuss Breathing via Tony Gentilcore
- The Big Picture Approach to Muscle via Bryan Krahn
- 9 Best Deadlift Tips via Bret Contreras
- Granola and Parenting via GoKaleo
- Why Losing Weight is Hard via Adam Bornstein
- How Bad Do We Want Good News Regarding Childhood Obesity? This is Bad via Yoni Freedhoff
- Should You Drink Water After a Massage? Via PainScience
- Ab Wheel Rollout Tutorial via Dean Somerset