Before we get to the good stuff (there’s a lot!) I’m excited to announce that I was recently ranked #12 on the list of the top 40 fitness professionals to follow in 2015.
I’ve looked up to many of these coaches since I was 13-years old so to say I’m honored to be included on this list would be a massive understatement.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. If it wasn’t for your trust in me, I wouldn’t be anywhere close to where I am today.
Now, let’s get to this installment of The Week in Review!
This past week was packed with ton’s of great fitness information so dig in and enjoy!
Articles By Jordan
Daily Strength Lesson’s
#StrengthLesson : Want a bigger #benchpress ? Don’t think about lowering the bar to your chest. Think about reaching your chest to the bar to reduce the range of motion, use your lats, and press more weight. #strength #powerlifter #powerlifting #wsbb #westsidebarbell #conjugatestrong #biggerbench #liftstrong #elitefts #alwaysoptimal #syattfitness
#StrengthLesson : Putting #moreweight on the bar isn’t the only way to get #stronger . Use the 3 tips in this video to improve your #strength without adding weight to the bar. #perfectform #strengthtraining #strengthtrain #trainstrong #elitefts #westsidebarbell #wsbb #conjugatestrong #conjugatenation #powerlifting #powerlifter #elite #asstograss #alwaysoptimal #syattfitness
These are my two secrets to become a productivity powerhouse.
A video posted by Jordan Syatt (@syattfitness) on
My New Favorite Party Trick
Last weekend my girlfriend taught me how to do a back flip and I’ve been practicing non-stop.
I’ve actually been practicing so much that during my most recent Deadlift workout, I thought I’d try a new trick: 1 moderately heavy deadlift immediately followed by a backflip.
It felt awesome.
After lifting the heavy weight my body felt wicked light so my jump ended up being much higher than normal. This phenomenon is called post-activation potentiation and you can learn more about it HERE.
- The Top 40 Fitness Professionals to Watch in 2015 via Jason Maxwell
- 18 Utterly Mind Blowing Body Transformations via Syatt Fitness
- 12 Popular Weight Loss Supplements via Authority Nutrition
- 3 Coaching Cues to Make Your S&C Programs More Effective via Eric Cressey
- I’m Just Waiting for the Perfect Time… via Precision Nutrition
- How Your Brain is Sabotaging Your Fat Loss via Tom Venuto
- Jordan Syatt Interviewed on Strength Portal! Via Strength Portal
- How Much Coffee Should You Drink? Via Authority Nutrition
- 10 Simple Steps to Master Your Handstand via Garrett Wood
- Flexible Dieting: How to Set Up Your Diet via Fitness Walkthrough
- Top 5 Deadlift Mistakes to Avoid via Juggernaut Training Systems
- 5 Tips: How to Brace for a Bigger Squat via Adam Pine
- Carbs Are Not the Enemy: Oversimplification Is via John Berardi
- Relative Strength: 7 Tips to Unlock Athletic Explosiveness via Mike Robertson
- Unspoken Gym Rules via Tony Gentilcore