I hope you’re having a fun and relaxing weekend.
I’m currently on vacation in New Orleans with my girlfriend celebrating her 24th birthday (I’m a sucker for older women) and so far it’s been an absolute blast.
From night-time steam boat cruises to praline bacon (holy hell this stuff should be illegal) and extraordinary jazz…this is a trip I’ll never forget.
Fortunately, this past week was filled with tons of incredible fitness information so I’ve got a boat load of articles for you in this installment of The Week in Review.
Articles By Jordan
Quickly turning into one of my most popular articles ever written, in this short piece I discuss a simple, effective, and powerful mind trick that will drastically improve your ability to stay on track with your diet.
Ever have trouble sticking to a diet in the long-term?
You need to read (and share) this article.
Coaches: Stop Chasing “Perfect!”
They all sound great, in theory, but they don’t exist. Whatever constitutes “perfect” depends on the individual, how they’re built, their current skill level, etc.
Coaches can either chase a short sighted view of “perfect” for everyone (and be sorely disappointed) or they can recognize the differences inherent to each individual, modify accordingly, and see extraordinary success.
- Will Your Back Explode If You Flex Your Spine While You Deadlift? Via Dean Somerset
- Should You Drink Water After a Massage? Via Pain Science
- Kettlebell Leg Training via Mike Robertson
- Why Lifting is Better than Cardio for Fat Loss
- Movement is Medicine via Ross Enamait
- 5 Matters of Muscle via Bryan Krahn
- A Pragmatic Approach to Tendonitis in Powerlifting via Reactive Training Systems
- Sumo Deadlift: Beginner vs. Expert via Boris Sheiko
- You Should Definitely Avoid this Movement via Bret Contreras
- How to Stay Lean and Strong on the Road via Mike Samuels
- Everything You Need to Know About Corrective Exercise is Wrong via Tony Gentilcore
- The 5 Biggest Contradictions in Fitness via Nick Tumminello
- The 9 Best Deadlift Tips via Bret Contreras
- 5 Movement and Mobility Tips for CrossFitters via Juggernaut
- 1 Powerful Mind Trick to Help You Stay on Track With Your Diet Forever via Syatt Fitness