I know you’re wicked busy with family events and social functions so I’m just going to cut to the chase and get right to this installment of The Week In Review.
It’s an abbreviated list this week as I was on a mini vacation and celebrating Passover through Tuesday but, with 3 strength lessons and 9 phenomenal articles, there’s some seriously great information presented below.
Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the gorgeous weather!
Articles By Jordan
Daily Strength Lesson’s
Wednesday’s Strength Lesson: Time to bust out your head bands and short-shorts because today’s Sample Workout Wednesday!
I did this full-body, ladder-based circuit 2 days ago and it absolutely destroyed me. If you’re crunched for time and need to get in & out of the gym ASAP, this is right up your alley.
Perform the following circuit in a ladder fashion starting at 10 repetitions for each exercise, then progress to 9, then 8, 7, 6, and so on until you get to 0. Complete the circuit as quickly as possible while maintaining proper form on all movements.
1b) Kettlebell Swings
1d) Double KB Front Squats
Thursday’s Strength Lesson: What happens if your schedule gets mixed up and you happen to miss a day of training?
- Will you lose all your GaiNz?
- Will you get fat(er)
- Will your progress come to a complete standstill?
None of that will happen.
In fact, you’ll be totally fine.
Believe it or not, missing a day of training isn’t the end of the world – far from it.
So what should you do if you happen to miss a day of training?
Skip it and move on with your life. Don’t worry about making up the session at a later date or try mix it in with another training day.
Just move on.
As long as you’re generally consistent and regularly follow your plan, there’s absolutely zero reason to worry about missing a random day here and there.
Friday’s Strength Lesson: “Strength, like motivation, is a strange thing. You can never own either, because they both come and go. No one is eternally strong, and no one stays forever motivated. Both are on loan to you and me, and everyone has days when neither can be found when needed the most. Understand this, and you understand that bad days are not enough to break you, and good days are never to be taken for granted.“
- 8 Moves for a Crazy Strong Core via Ben Bruno
- Of BMI and Weighing Frequency via Lyle McDonald
- Calorie Counting: Is It Right For You? via Syatt Fitness
- Diaphragmatic Breathing: Implications in Exercise via Miguel Aragoncillo
- Workout Nutrition: What to Eat Before, During, and After Exercise via Precision Nutrition
- Programming the Deadlift via Bret Contreras
- 5 More Thoughts on Energy System Development via Mike Robertson
- Another Look at Metabolic Damage via Lyle McDonald
- Improve Client Success and Adherence with Self Efficacy via Syatt Fitness
Sign Up for Your FREE Syatt Fitness Newsletter!
We respect your email privacy
Powered by AWeber Autoresponder