Articles By Jordan
My Training Log
In case you missed it, I’ve decided to log all of my training sessions leading up to my next meet in January where I plan to hit my first ever 4x Bodyweight Deadlift.
Below are my first 3 training sessions from the past week including 2 lower body days and 1 upper body day.
Syatt Fitness T-Shirts Around the Globe!
Orders for brand new SF t-shirts have been coming in like crazy and I’m shipping ’em all across the globe! I’ve also been getting a bunch of pictures from people sporting their new T’s and figured I’d share the glory with you.
Here’s Ido and Osnat in Haifa, Israel.
Here’s Sindre all the way in Norway.
And here’s Jason in Michigan. Not the most exotic of cities but damn check out those triceps!
Daily Strength Lesson’s
Monday’s Strength Lesson: Weak out of the hole in your squat? Start training pause squats.
If you’re weak out of the hole in your squat (most lifters are), adding a 2-4sec pause at the bottom of the lift can be tremendously beneficial.
Perform and program the the squat exactly as you normally would, just add a brief pause in the hole prior to coming back up.
Important to keep in mind, this is not an excuse to “get loose” and lazy in the hole. Instead, stay *as tight as freakin’ possible* and force yourself to stay in the best position the entire time.
Spend 4-8 weeks working on your pause squat and I guarantee your standard squat will see drastic improvements.
Tuesday’s Strength Lesson: Want to build a beastly set of erectors? Try some Constant Tension Goodmornings
Goodmornings are one of the best exercises to improve erector strength, hypertrophy, and endurance.
They’re also brutally awful.
So…want to make ’em even more awful?
Keep constant tension on the erectors throughout the entire set.
In other words, barely complete a full ROM. As soon as you reach the top of the lift, immediately start the next repetition to ensure that you keep tension on the erectors throughout the entire set.
Wednesday’s Strength Lesson: RISE & SHINE, CAMPERS! It’s time to wake up, grab a shot (or 10) of espresso, and get your short-shorts and head bands on because today is sample workout Wednesday.
In this full body workout…well…you know what?
Suffice to say it’s going to suck.
But it’ll make you better, stronger, and infinitely more good looking.
1a) [Weighted] Chin-Up: 3 x 2-2-2***
1b) Front Squat: 3 x 6
2a) DB Bench Press: 3 x 8
2b) Barbell RDL: 3 x 10
3a) Farmers Carry: 2-3 x 50ft
3b) Long Lever Plank: 2-3 x 15sec
3c) Single-Leg Glute Bridge off Bench: 2-3 x 10/leg
***For the [weighted] chin-ups, perform 2 reps at a time followed by a 10-sec rest for a total of 6-reps per set. You should NOT fail on a single repetition so only use extra weight if you can while using *perfect* form.
Thursday’s Strength Lesson: Quit hating on cardio.
All over the fitness interwebz I keep seeing fear mongering posts about the perils of cardio.
What the fuck?
Cardio isn’t dangerous.
Cardio won’t make you fat.
And, call me crazy, but cardio will actually probably HELP you live a longer, healthier life.
Granted, cardio doesn’t need to make up the sum and substance of your training programs.
But to say that it’s useless – or even dangerous – is a display of pure ignorance beyond comprehensibility.
Friday’s Strength Lesson: “I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.“
- 13 Exercises That’ll Floor You via Bret Contreras
- Is Exercise for Weight Loss Really Effective? via Eirik Garnås
- A Decade on Westside via Brandon Lilly
- The Science and Application of Coaching Cues via Sam Leahey
- Metabolic Effects of the Biggest Loser via ConscienHealth
- My Road to a 4x Bodyweight Deadlift via Syatt Fitness
- The 10 Worst Types of Personal Trainers via Bret Contreras
- Strongfident Radio: Episode 2 Featuring Jordan Syatt via Jack Coulson
- Seduced and Screwed by Strength via Bryan Krahn
- Fitness & Menstual Health: How to Stay Lean, Healthy, and Fit While Maintaining Your Period via Spencer Nadolsky
- Fear Mongering Nutrition Advice via James Fell – Body for Wife
- My Road to a 4x Bodyweight Deadlift: Episode 2 via Syatt Fitness
- Random Thoughts on Sports Performance Training via Eric Cressey
- Alactic System Training for Fighters via Michael Perry
- Do You Need to be Strong to Be a Strength Coach? via Syatt Fitness